Off page optimization is a type of search engine optimization (SEO) that focuses on the creation of links and references to another website. It is aimed to increase the traffic and ranking of the target website.
Your website can actually benefit most from off page SEO especially if you can obtain links from high ranking websites whose topics are relevant to your niche. Search engines give much credit to off page optimization in order to determine a website’s page rank.
How does off page optimization help a website?
– One of the factors that search engines looks for in a website is its authority. Search engines determine a website’s authority by its contents and by its inbound and outbound links.
– Search engines such as Goggle determine a website’s popularity by the number of inbound links. Thus, a number of inbound links increases your website’s chance of obtaining a higher page rank for your keywords.
– Websites with inbound links from higher ranked websites benefit highly from off page optimization because search engines crawl high ranking websites more often than low ranking sites.
– One of the factors that make your website attractive to higher ranked websites is quality. You should provide your site with quality content to make it obtain inbound links that help to make it popular.
There are several ways of doing off page optimization. Some of these are:
1. Build a blog and provide it with articles that will lead visitors to your website through external links;
2. requesting other websites with similar niche to provide links to your website;
3. Swap links with other websites with related niches. But you should take note that this form of off page optimization is considered “black hat” by some search engines;
4. Advertise your site in other sites such as Craigslist. Posting an ad in this site helps search engines to find your site in an external location.
5. Join social bookmarking sites such as Digg, StumbleUpon and Reddit.
6. Post comments in forums whose topics are related to your niche. Always include your URL as part of your signature.
7. Submit your website to popular search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing.
8. Introduce your website in social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
9. Write articles and submit them to trusted article directories such as Ezinearticles and Articlebase. In your articles, always include a resource box that says something about the author together with a link that leads readers to your website.