Effective selling involves building a relationship. You just can’t walk into the household of some stranger and tell him to buy your product because it is good. There has to be trust in between in order for a smooth transaction to take place.
In online marketing, it is the same relationship that you should build in order convert your readers into buying customers.
Article writing is an effective marketing tool in the online business because it has the potential to be viewed by thousands of people all over the world without regard to the time of day. It can also establish you as an expert in your niche. You can establish trust and confidence with your readers especially when your articles can help them solve their most pressing problems.
Here are some of the ways to presell your customers with articles:
1. Choose a topic and a target market where your expertise can work for you. Try to research what your potential market wants, what its most common problems are, then formulate solutions. You can join forums which particularly discusses about your chosen topic so that you will know your potential market more deeply.
2. Write your articles based on your research. Lay down the problems that you have gathered and offer solutions. Write your articles based on the rules of effective online writing in order to capture the attention of your target audience.
3. Make your research and solution formulating steps a routine so that you can get fresh ideas of your target market’s present concerns. This way, you’ll be up to date with your readers’ specific needs. Be active in the forums. Be generous with your ideas, but always include your website’s URL in your signature. This will help to give you the right traffic from the right source.
4. Offer a free report at the end of each of your articles. Ask for their email address when they download your free report and follow it up with a series of email messages to earn their trust and build a relationship with them. Once a relationship is established, you can sell multiple products to them over their lifetime.
5. Expand your audience base by submitting your articles to different article directories that support your topic. You can rewrite your original articles before submitting them to article directories. This way, your blog article and the ones submitted to article directories are ranked individually by search engines.
6. Contact the owner or webmaster of a popular blog and offer to write as a guest blogger. This will give you additional exposure. It also gives you a chance to redirect the readers of that blog to your website.