Podcasting is a new method that modern marketers use to reach a specific market or customer base. It is an episodical audio file which its creator produces to discuss about his chosen topic. You can compare it to a vocalized blog that you can download on demand and listen to anytime anywhere.
Like articles, podcasts can also be used by any company for its content marketing efforts. If it is implemented and executed properly, it can give your business lots of advantages in terms of branding and online visibility.
Here are some of the leading benefits of podcasting:
1. It helps to promote branding.
Timely and relevant podcasts provide your business with constant exposure that helps to make it visible on the web. It can also help to position as a thought leader in the industry that you are podcasting about.
2. It helps to generate and nurture prospects.
A branded podcast is a cost-effective way to engage your target market. It can also act as a good source of information about your knowledge of the industry’s latest trends and best practices. One of the most important things you need to do to keep your prospects come back for more updates is to provide them with valuable information.
3. It helps to keep your target market updated.
Podcasting is one of the most cost-effective ways that marketers use to continually keep their prospects and existing customers informed about a company’s news, events and developments. This was previously done through press releases. But with the emergence of podcasting, marketers have found a more personal means of conveying information to external groups that they want to engage in.
4. It helps to optimize your site for the search engines.
Search engines regard websites with high download activity as credible. It means that if your podcasts are downloaded more often, it will result in your website becoming more important in the eyes of the search engines.
These are some of the benefits of podcasting. They can be of help to drive traffic to your website or business. In order to maximize their effect on you audience, here are a lot of podcasting practices that you need to observe.
1. Keep your audience’s attention by creating short podcasts. You should limit them to between 15 to 20 minutes long. If your topic takes time to discuss, spread the content over multiple podcasts.
2. Avoid being salesy. Your prospects listen to your podcast for its information. You don’t have to make it sound like a sales pitch.
3. Use the most common file format for your podcasts. The most common file format being used today is MP3.
4. Promote your podcasts through an RSS feed to ensure its distribution.
5. Give a brief overview of your website or company in your podcast. You also need to optimize it for the search engines by using the right keywords in its summary.
6. Promote your podcast on your blog and social networking sites. You should also submit them to podcast directories for added exposure.
7. Use a clear, repititive introduction and conclusion in each podcast. This will help to build familiarity and allow you to build your brand. Always end your podcast with a thank you message. Your gratefulness can help to make your audience feeling great.